Saturday, May 7th
It’s that time of year again! Soon, the two words we have all been waiting to hear will be ringing out across the fields of Halfmoon…
Please join us at 11:30am this Saturday, May 7th for a day of fun, food and baseball at our annual Opening Day ceremonies. We encourage all Halfmoon Baseball families to attend, but especially the ones who love:
- Kids singing patriotic songs!
- Fire trucks!
- Police cars!
- Wood Fired Pizza!
- Fireworks (yes – FIREWORKS…)!
- CBS Evening News Anchor Greg Floyd!
- Barbershop Quartets!
- Shen Varsity & JV Baseball Players
- Valleycats Mascot
- And America!!!!!!
Games start at 9:00am, followed at Noon by our annual parade and first pitch ceremonies. Stick around after the parade for free burgers, dogs, drinks, music and games.
All teams / players are encouraged to march in the parade.
- Please arrive at the ball fields at 11:30am if you plan to march.
- T-Ball, 6U and 7U teams will organize at 11:30am on Field 6. Look for your division sign and your coach will group you into teams.
- 8U, 10U, 12U, 14U will organize at 11:30am on Field 5. Look for your division sign and your coach will group you into teams.
- The South entrance to the park near Hayner’s Ice Cream will be closed at 11:30am. Please use North entrance and park in rear.
- The parade route from the South entrance to Field 2 will be blocked from parking.
- Parents of younger children are encouraged to march in the parade.
- Parents of older children are welcome to line the parade route.
On behalf of Halfmoon Baseball, we look forward to seeing you on Opening Day and to a great 2016 Baseball season!
Halfmoon Baseball Board of Directors
Photos from last year